Education and/or Experience
• Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field preferred.
• One to two years of general business or hospitality industry experience.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
• Ability to work with general office equipment such as a personal computer, keyboard and photocopier.
• Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
• No supervisory duties are included in this position.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Maintain all information applicable to members. Maintain exact records of accounts receivable. Reconcile accounts receivable with ClubPOS, Reserve and Guest Room billing. Process and post all member payments and deposits.
• Collects all member charges from all areas of the Club.
• Review and posts charges to accounts from all club revenue centers/areas.
• Review and post banquet functions in accounting software.
• Prepares and mails member charges and statements and processes monthly billings.
• Send function invoices for payment and follow up on outstanding invoices as needed.
• Receives and reconciles payments on accounts.
• Reconcile credit card and ACH batches with processor.
• Manage and process automatic payments; notify members when payment declines.
• Prepares deposits and processes members’ payments on their accounts.
• Reconcile cash bar sales
• Prepare cash deposits; bring cash deposits to bank and get change orders.
• Advises Controller about delinquent member accounts and sends delinquency notices.
• Prepares and posts suspended member lists.
• Promptly responds to member billing inquiries in a professional manner.
• Coordinates the resolution of member disputes with the appropriate department head and the member.
• Process credit check and set up new members.
• Processes member transfers and resignations.
• Tracks new membership promotions.
• Audits point-of-sale charges and credit card sales.
• Audits banquet revenues with Banquet Event Orders.
• Audits other event and tournament revenues.
• Maintains the following records: member accounts; accounts receivable trial balance; and daily, weekly and monthly receivable deposits.
• Prints daily sales and other revenue reports as requested.
• Analyze comp and discount reports, discuss unusual findings with Dining Room Manager and Controller.
• Track member coupon promotions.
• Notify members of Food and Beverage Minimum options; set up member selections and bill minimums.
• Verify new member enrollment with NIHCA.
• Issue Membership Certificates.
• Processes monthly member birthday or other promotional credit books.
• Processes gift certificates and maintains gift certificate donation ledger.
Miscellaneous Job Duties:
• Attends departmental and club training meetings.
• Completes other appropriate assignments made by the Controller.
• Performs miscellaneous office responsibilities.
• Assist in counting ballots for annual meeting.
• Work at Lafayette's Labor Day event.
• Cross-trains with and acts as back-up for accounts payable as needed.
Licenses and Special Requirements
Physical Demands and Workplace Environment
• Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, stand and lift up to 40 pounds.
• Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Moderate noise level in the work environment.
Please submit your resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Give us a call...
Send us a fax...
Send us mail...
PO Box 128
Minnetonka Beach, MN 55361
2800 Northview Road
Minnetonka Beach, MN 55361