Lafayette Club is currently seeking full-time and part-time line cooks
and prep cooks to join the team of new Executive Chef Seth Daugherty.
Chef Seth has vast experience cooking around the Twin Cities at both
restaurants and hotels and was an instructor at The Art Institutes
International Minnesota. In his spare time, Seth also likes to give back to the
community. As founder of “Real Food Initiatives”, he's traveled the country
consulting with public schools at the local, state and national levels on
restructuring their lunch program, and has consulted with First Lady Obama on
her “Let’s Move” initiatives.
Starting pay is $15/hour (or more based on experience). We are located in a
beautiful setting on Lake Minnetonka, just west of Minneapolis. We
offer part-time employment opportunities with competitive pay, paid meal
breaks, employer-provided meals, and free golf on Mondays. In addition, full-time
employment opportunities also provide well pay, benefits packages after 90
days, and 401K participation after 1 year.
The Line Cook is responsible for:
1. Report directly to Executive Chef (EC), LAF Sous Chef (SC) and shift supervisor (SS).
2. Maintain high standards of food preparation, storage & presentation
a. Proper labeling & rotation of product in cold or dry storage
b. Utilize “Waste Sheets”
c. Proper requisitioning of product when applicable
3. Assist in development of menu items, specials, and special events for Dining Room service in conjunction with supervisory staff.
4. The proper preparation of all menu items for scheduled station(s)
5. Overall cleanliness of his/her station as well as common areas (coolers, freezers, dry storage) and equipment in work area(s).
a. This includes proper use of chemicals (MSDS provided)
6. Conducts oneself in a safe manner in all things
a. Heavy lifting may be required in excess of 50 lbs. Please seek assistance before lifting something that is too heavy for one person
7. Professional interactions with ALL staff
8. Any additional tasks assigned by supervisors which include SS, SC, and EC including food prep, cleaning projects, etc.
9. Food Production requirements:
a. At the beginning of his/her shift, each cook will gather, in a timely fashion, all food and non-food items necessary for assigned station as well as any product requested for common use.
b. At the end of each shift, each cook will provide a thorough prep list for the station he/she worked needed for the next day.
c. Understands & uses recipes when applicable
d. Produces the correct amount of mise en place for daily use, with as little waste of time and product as possible.
e. Checks with supervisors for any special items needed
f. Produces all food to proper doneness and seasons correctly.
10. Communicates well with others:
a. Uses dry erase boards for product communication
b. Uses house phones properly, professionally & courteously
11. Food inventory. At the end of each month, LAF cooks are required to inventory their assigned work station. Sheets are provided, training is provided.