Assistant Dining Room Manager
Build and develop friendly professional relationships with members. Increase food and beverage sales through staff development, marketing and new ideas. Responsible for providing outstanding dining room, banquet, cabana and pool side food and beverage services. Assures a consistent high standard of appearance, hospitality and service in personnel and cleanliness and organization of pool, dining room, cabana and banquet areas. Supervises and personally assists with training for the dining room, banquet, and cabana/pool staff. Manages these objectives within the set budgeted parameters.
Lafayette Club General Standards:
* Assists in managing all dining areas of the club to include pool, cabana, all banquet rooms and dining room
* Has a professional appearance and demeanor and expects the same from his or her staff
* Assists with hiring, training, motivating and reviews for service staff
* To include all requisite documentation
* Assists in scheduling and planning of service areas where needed
* Maintains consistency of service and upholds reputation of the club
* Assists in beverage ordering and inventory
* Make suggestions/receive input about improvements in dining and banquet procedures to uphold/improve quality of service
* Keep up to date on general club knowledge, events and policies
* Places great importance on staff communications and interactions (chain of command)
* Interview potential Lafayette Club employee candidates
* Keeping all staff morale at a peak high through positive reinforcement
* Attains food and beverage sales goals through new ideas and marketing strategies
* Achieves monthly/yearly budget while keeping labor cost in line
* Ensures that a positive and healthy working environment exists that is free of safety risks and all forms of employee harassment
* Strong organizational and time management skills, both written and verbal
Lafayette Club General Pool/Dining/Cabana Responsibilities:
* Receives and properly fields member feedback concerning food, beverage or service
* Promote harmony between service and kitchen staff
* Direct pre-meal meetings with dining and banquet personnel when needed
* Consistently assures the correct appearance, cleanliness and proper set-up of dining and banquet rooms
* Directs servers, bus staff, bartenders, dock staff, hosts and all pool staff
* Greet and welcome members and guests by using their names when possible and address by Mr. Mrs. and Ms. when needed.
* Provide immediate attention to members and guests
* Maintains monthly cover count reports and share with department heads
* Assists with brainstorming ideas to improve and diversify the Club experience
* Developing new ways to train dining room/service staff
* Inform proper personnel of items needed for the dining room, pool and cabana
* Recognizes the need to be highly visible, must stay on the floor during peak business hours
Skills and Qualifications:
* Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management preferred but will train the right candidate
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time (8-12 hrs)
* Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
* Must be able to work day/night weekends and holidays
* Professional dress attire
* Excel and Microsoft Word
* POS system experience beneficial
Please click here for a pdf file of our job application to print and return to us. Thank you!
Give us a call...
Send us a fax...
Send us mail...
PO Box 128
Minnetonka Beach, MN 55361
2800 Northview Road
Minnetonka Beach, MN 55361